Frequently asked questions
about counselling, therapy and how I can help you
1. What can I expect from a counselling session with you?
In our sessions, you'll find a safe space to explore your thoughts and feelings. Together, we'll work on understanding your challenges, setting goals, and developing strategies for your personal growth.
2. How long does each counselling session last?
Sessions typically last around 50 minutes. However, this can be adjusted based on your needs and the nature of the discussion.
3. How many sessions will I need?
The number of sessions varies for each individual. It depends on the issues you're facing and the progress we make together. We'll regularly review your goals and evaluate the need for ongoing sessions.
4. Is everything I say confidential?
Yes, confidentiality is fundamental to our work. However, there are legal and ethical limits to confidentiality, such as situations involving harm to yourself or others.
5. How do I know if counselling is right for me?
If you're feeling overwhelmed, stuck, or experiencing difficulties in your personal or professional life, counselling can provide support and guidance to navigate these challenges effectively.
6. What counselling approaches do you use?
My core approach is Person-Centred/Existential, but I also integrate various techniques such as Solution-Focused Therapy, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Mindfulness, EMDR and more to tailor the approach to your specific needs.
7. How soon can I schedule an appointment?
I strive to accommodate your schedule as much as possible. Contact me, and we'll work together to find a suitable time for your initial session.
8. Do you offer online counselling sessions?
Yes, I provide both in-person and online counselling sessions. This allows flexibility for those with busy schedules or those preferring to engage from the comfort of their own space.
9. How do I prepare for my first counselling session?
Simply arrive as yourself. There's no need for elaborate preparation. Just come with an open mind and a willingness to engage in the process.
10. Can I bring my partner/spouse to counselling sessions?
Absolutely. I work with individuals as well as couples, providing a supportive environment for relationship counselling.
11. What if I'm not sure what I want to talk about?
That's perfectly okay. We'll start wherever you're comfortable. The process is about exploring at your pace.
12. How can counselling help with issues like anxiety and depression?
Counselling provides tools and strategies to manage symptoms, understand underlying causes, and develop coping mechanisms for better mental well-being.
13. How do I book a session with you?
14. What should I do if I need to cancel or reschedule an appointment?
Life happens, and I understand that. Simply contact me as soon as possible to reschedule. Your commitment to your well-being is essential, and we'll find a suitable alternative time.